Thursday 13 February 2020

Big Schools Birdwatch!

Once again, in year 5, we have taken part in the RSPB's Big School Birdwatch.

We turned into conservation scientists helping to track the ups and downs of birds popuations across the country.

We have learnt how to identify species of bird, common to our local area, by looking at:
  • The beak shape and colour
  • The size of the bird
  • The birdsong 
  • The colour of its feathers
  • The colour of its legs
This is us in action:


Kris said, "I now recognise many of the birds that I see on the way to school- 11 house sparrows this morning!"

Hope commented, "I want to work with animals when I grow up so I'm glad that I get the opportunity to start that now."

Here are our official results:



We also received a certificate for taking part, and helping a national charity.

Well done Year 5!