Tuesday 10 January 2017

Year 5 Learning Challenge Spring 1

Year 5 Learning Challenge Spring 1













Significant Person

Thomas Edison


Painting

Benjamin West: Benjamin Franklin Drawing Electricity from the Sky


Music

Elton John – Electricity produced for ‘Billy Elliot The Musical’



Poem

Cameron Logan: Light bulb.

There once was a lone light bulb,
which lit this front porch, just for me,
every night, it'd find the power,
to give me light so I could see,

For years and years, the bulb would shine,
I took for granted all its light,
and when the darkness fell upon me,
The bulb would make the darkness bright,

But as time passed, the bulb burnt out,
and all its light became no more,
for once, I saw not who I was,
but all the wrong I'd done before,

As my hopeless eyes grew weary,
I went inside to grab a bulb,
but no other light could take it's place,
the task was much too bold,

and nothing would ever be the same.

- - -

Then came a time, my life was sullen,
my fears were governing my mind,
the darkness pierced me like a plague,
it took the reins and made me blind,

And on the porch, with my affliction,
a light would piece the dark and glisten,
I looked up unto the sky,
the moon and stars became my vision,

I was free from this dark prison.

- - -

While the bulb I knew and loved,
could only give me light so long,
This new source would shine forever,
as it'd been here all along,
with it's power, pure and strong,

Still I think about that bulb,
and how hard it worked to give me light,
I hope someday to do the same,
for someone else who loses sight,

I pray I'll shine just as bright.