Wednesday 14 December 2016

Final Forest School Fire!

'We enjoyed a fire for our final session. We shared stories from the previous weeks of our favourite parts of forest school, these included 'finding bugs', 'toasting marshmallows', 'finding a fox hole' and 'everything'. We reflected upon our biggest challenge's and how we overcame them. "My biggest challenge he was lighting a small fire, I learnt I had to push harder to make it work." Another child shared, "I found it difficult to make a shelter from materials but I kept going until it worked."

The children enjoyed sharing their thoughts by a warm fire whilst having marshmallows and hot chocolate. We all had lots of fun!'

Thank you to Alison Shorter, who has taken these sessions for the last 10 weeks. The children have loved taking part.

Forest school will be running again after Christmas for a different group of children.