Thursday 13 September 2018

NYJO Jazz Messengers Performance

Yesterday afternoon, children in Key Stage 2 were incredibly lucky to have an amazing live jazz band perform a show for them.
NYJO Jazz Messengers
The National Youth Jazz Orchestra, known as the NYJO Jazz Messengers, gave our pupils an interactive experience, not only listening to the instruments but learning about them too. Hopefully, some of our pupils have been inspired to learn to play one of the instruments!

'My favourite musician was Chelsea. I loved that she was really fast when the saxophone'. Akacia, Yr 5
'I had never seen a live band before. It has inspired me to play music!' Riley, Yr 3

'I really like listening to the trumpet. It was fascinating to find out that the musician could change notes without pressing any buttons' Alexandra, Yr 5

Watch the video here: