Monday 20 June 2016

Mead's young authors of the future.

Last Thursday two children from year 5 were lucky enough to be selected to attend an Able Writers’ day at Brentwood Preparatory School. The workshop was lead by Stephen Davies, a well-known children’s author who has written a number of books including ‘Sophie and the Albino Camel’. During the day Ciara and Abbie got to explore different ideas for their writing, create character profiles, design storyboards and of course write.

This was a great chance for the children to improve their writing skills and be able to pick the brains of a published author. Both children had a great day and benefited greatly from the experience.

I met a really nice author, Stephen Davies, who helped me improve my writing. I even bought his book. I can’t wait to start reading it.
Abbie