Wednesday 31 January 2018

Year 3 love the library!

Year 3 were lucky enough to visit the local library this month where they were shown how to find books in the children's section.
The children had to remember their alphabet and were all given a letter to get into alphabetical order. This challenged some of the pupils to think about how they would find books by certain authors in the library.


After being read a fun story by the librarian, the children were able to explore the amazing range of books the library had to offer & take one book each back to school!

"I enjoyed finding my own book. I chose 'Skulduggery Pleasant' by Derek Landy because I like books about crime," Justice, Nothern Ireland Class

"I thought the scanning machine was cool because all I had to do was put my book down on it and the name of the book came up on the screen," Reggie Miller, Wales Class

The children were also given a membership form to take home so they have the opportunity to sign up for free to get their own library card. We hope to go back again to swap our books for new ones!