Thursday 17 November 2016

Islam!

Y4 pupils have been learning all about the Muslim religion: the 5 pillars of Islam, the prophet Mohammed, and the celebration of Eid.

Aleena and Fahdeelat, who are practicing Muslims, brought in some of their special and sacred artifacts to share with the class.

They recited one of the verses of the Quran, which they have learnt by heart.

"We like to pray 5 times a day, facing Mecca . My dad knows all of the Quran by heart. Maybe when I am older I will learn how to read it all in Arabic,"
Fahdeelat.

"Whenever I'm not busy, my auntie teaches me how to pray. She helps me learn the Quran. My brother has finished his practise book and is now half way through learning the Quran. In Morocco lots of the people are Muslims. We often go there on holiday, as that's where my dad comes from. On Fridays we go to the Mosque and pray."
Aleena