Thursday 7 June 2018

USA's friends in Kent

Over the last term USA have become penfriends with a Year 5 class from Mayplace Primary School. They started by sending letters introducing themselves. Before long, they were sharing interests with their penfriends and making little gifts for them. Hollie said “My pen friend made me little gifts, it was such nice gesture.” Everyone was very excited to receive their letters. Ryan said “It’s so nice to get post and I am very excited to write to my pen friend, we share so many similar interests.”

Kian said “I have really enjoyed speaking with my pen friend and feel that I have gained a strong connection with him.” 

Through writing to their penfriends the pupils have realised the value of writing and this has motivated many pupils to write in their own time.