Thursday 6 February 2020

Mental Health Awareness Week in Germany

This week in Germany, we used the week's theme of 'finding your brave' to learn how to work through our worries and anxiety. 

Firstly, we read Wilma Jean the Worry Machine together with our cuddly reading buddies, and the children were asked whether they felt like they had anything in common with Wilma! We discovered we had lots of 'What If...' questions and worries buzzing around heads!




 After the story, we learned about Guatemalan worry dolls, and the legend of the princess that was gifted the power to solve any human worry. We made worry boxes, and wrote down five worries that were bothering us. The worries can stay in the box until you are ready to deal with them, or to ask an adult's help!



'My box has heart eye emojis so that when I look at it, it will make me feel happy.' said Felicity. 

'I like the worry boxes because I have lots of worries. I can put them in here and take them out when I am ready to deal with them,' said Georgia. 

 Austeja said, 'I like them, because sometimes I am really worried but can't get the worries out.'